You know it very well that there is nothing impossible in this advance time. With little effort, technique, and interest you can do anything you want in the best possible manner. As for example, if you are fond of going for fishing and want to learn about the ties of fishing lines, you can do it easily. To make stronger knots in braid of fishing line is one of the technical jobs.
For this purpose, the monofilament fishing lines are best. Because these fishing lines are made from a single fiber of plastic. Moreover, monofilament fibers are produced in a range of diameters which have different tensile strengths and cheap to produce. You need to place the knots in these braids properly otherwise, they are very slippery and may do not work under pressure.
Fortunately, there are important tricks, if you follow them, you can easily reduce the slippage and can also make the stronger ties possible. Keep reading and we will walk you through the different types of braids and the methods to make them respectively.
DOUBLE UP THE NUMBER OF WRAP:
- As you know that monofilament fiber is thick in width, its bites are more than you will need only few wraps make a strong knot.
- The case is opposite with the braid with thin width, which has the tendency to slip more. This makes it difficult for you to keep holding them when you try to tie them. For that matter, you need to do something to reduce the slippery tendency.
- To add more friction to it you may add more wraps in it as you do with the monofilament fishing line. The friction allows the line to hold onto the surface and the braid stays where you want it to be.
WET THE KNOTS OF BRAID.
- When you will tie all the knots, and place all the wraps accurately, you should add the saliva on it, this can help in tightening the knot well.
- This will help in lubricating the knot and all the wraps will be in place in a better way.
- When you will apply the tension, it will set it up properly.
RUNNING OF BRAID THROUGH THE HOOK EYE.
This will add more friction to the knot, and helps in reducing the slippage which is the most common problem when you are trying to tie the braid.
TESTING OF KNOTS OF BRAIDS.
- Stretch up your knots and can give a solid pull to it to set it to full extent to check its strength. You may use some tool to tighten the knots.
- By doing this, the looseness in the knots will be lost, thus you will be in a better position to enjoy your hobby.
THE TYPES OF FISHING KNOTS FOR BRAIDS OF FISHING LINE.
For braiding fishing lines, you can pick and choose any of the following braids according to your preferences and convenience.
It is very easy knot to tie with the hook, and can be added directly to braided fishing line.
You should follow the three steps to make such type of the knot.
- To tie a basic overhand knot is a little bit tricky.
- Wrap the two strands around the eye of hook, to avoid slipping has more friction in it.
- Like uni-knots they need few tweaks, for increasing the strength of braided fishing line.
- It is a classic type of knot used for many purposes and is a best type of knot tied with the hook of braided fishing line.
- Tie between the braid, monofilament and fluorocarbon leaders.
- Functionally it is a noose like knot, can slides downwards opposite to the eye of hook.
- For any line of size can be tight and can work perfectly, and hardly takes the few seconds to tie.
- For tying the uni-knot you may run the hook eye two times and add 10 wraps not 5.
- It will greatly improve the working of knot through the braided fishing line.
- Here is how you can tie this knot:
- The best way to tie the double uni-knot is that if you in first step tie a single uni-knot in this.
- Connect lines with large difference in diameter.
- Same is the case with the blood knots tying.
- When you are to pair a thin diameter braided line with the thick monofilament and fluorocarbon leader material it is very helpful.
- The end of leader should be attached to the end of braided line, overlap all these.
- By doing this the 2 ends will point towards the opposite directions.
- Recall the procedure you did with the single uni-knot, take one strand and make a loop.
- Attached 10 times to the strand so as to make it strong.
- Make sure that the wrapping around the strand should be stretched well. Ideally, you can use some toll to stretch the line.
- Now wet the knot and stretch it tightly with the help of a tool or even your hand.
- Do the same step with the other line too.
- With the opposite line, tie two single uni-knots around it.
- Pull each mainline in opposite direction to complete the connection.
So, this is the whole process of tying a braided fishing line. Yes! Isn’t it easy? It surely is! All you have to do is a bit of research, collect all the all the required things. And there you go! You do not need to take anyone’s help here. You can do it all by yourself with a minimum effort and time. However, if you find it difficult in the start, so not fret! As they say, “Practice makes the man perfect”. Yes! With the passage of time, you will also be able to do it like a pro.